The service desk is responsible for
identifying and pursuing service improvement initiatives; managing complaints,
suggestions, and compliments; and perhaps most importantly, often service as
the face, or voice, of the organization to customers.
Furthermore, the Operation
and Maintenance Service Desk Manager must continually keep up to date with
world-wide technological developments ensuring New Southern Energy remains a
leader in the Industry.
Responsibilities and Duties
ability to balance and plan the short-term actions of the Service
- Plan and manage all O&M Service outputs.
- Effectively managing, developing, and training
the service desk team.
- Ensuring that all processes used by the
service desk are thoroughly documented, consistently audited, and
- Conducting and sharing results from service
and operation performance reviews.
- Being aware of and managing the costs of
running the service desks.
- An ability to think critically about systems
and to make adjustments consistently as needed.
level agreements (SLAs) in relation to contracted services, ensuring the
SLAs are achieved.
quality and client expectations are met.
monitor, control and support service delivery.
- Delegate specific service desk responsibilities to team members to
create specialization and increase service delivery pace.
- Review all client complaints, rectify issues and liaise with
appropriate departments to handle complex issues in a bid to provide more
- Assist in development of new O&M Department
Technical Working Procedures.
- Submitting reports timeously.
- Responsible for all existing sites daily monitoring.
- Responsible for all existing site daily operations.
- Manage and maintain O&M department budgets.
- Maintain Client staff training.
- Ensure O&M Technicians are sufficiently trained for
tasks to be carried out in the field.
- Ensure all works done by O&M department comply with
- Maintain Client relations regarding existing sites
Knowledge, skills and abilities
Excellent computer literacy and knowledge of solar
plant software and hardware
Proficient with reading and interpreting
engineering design drawings
Have indepth knowledge of both PV grid-tied, PV
off-grid, storage and generator systems
Good problem solving / troubleshooting skills
Good management of technical personal
Good communication(both written and verbal)
skills to interact with client, suppliers and other relevant stakeholders
Ability to learn quickly
Value and maintain teamwork and moral
The ability to work across multiple projects in
parallel and manage various sites
Excellent organizational, time management,
leadership and decision making skills
Knowledge of applicable codes, policies,
standards and best practices
The ability to work within budgets and to
Attention to detail
Electrical Trade Test Certificate (3 phase)